San Francisco Dentist
San Francisco dental patients rely on Dr. Antigone Skoulas for a variety of cosmetic and restorative dental treatments. Her gentle approach and personable treatment make her the dentist of choice for patients who live and work in the heart of San Francisco.
Flexible Dental Treatment for Busy Professionals
Dr. Skoulas understands that you may not be able to take time off from work for cosmetic or restorative procedures. This is why she offers appointments that conform to your schedule:
- Before work.
- During lunchtime.
- After work.
- Every Saturday.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency, Dr. Skoulas will be able to accommodate you at a moment’s notice, scheduling an immediate appointment that could save your tooth.
What Services Does San Francisco Dentist Antigone Skoulas Offer?
Dr. Skoulas specializes in general and cosmetic dentistry, providing a wide range of services to restore and enhance your smile. With an office located in the middle of San Francisco’s Financial District, Dr. Skoulas performs:
- Dental Fillings
- Root Canals
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Porcelain Restorations
- Crown & Bridge
- Teeth Whitening
During your initial consultation, Dr. Skoulas will perform a thorough exam of your teeth, which includes three-dimensional dental imaging to determine the best course of treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry?
In an increasingly competitive work environment, professional appearance is half the battle. San Francisco patients have a variety of options to enhance their smiles by:
- Whitening teeth during an hour-long lunchtime appointment.
- Applying veneers to create a straight and uniform appearance.
- Shifting their teeth into proper alignment with Invisalign, a series of clear plastic trays that reshape your bite discretely.
While a healthy smile is not a replacement for your other qualifications, it will help you make an outstanding first impression at any job.
How Does a Cosmetic Dentist Approach Routine Procedures?
Many treatments that a general dentist performs are not strictly restorative. Materials such as porcelain for veneers and crowns as well as composite for fillings are chosen because they blend in with the natural appearance of your teeth while simultaneously repairing damage and preserving the structure of your tooth.
These routine procedures focus on restoring your smile in a way that closely resembles your natural smile. Treatments that combine restorative with cosmetic dentistry include:
- Dental fillings: The composite used by the majority of dentists is designed not only to dry quickly but also to match the color of your natural teeth. After their procedure, most San Francisco patients are unable to tell where their natural teeth end and fillings begin.
- Crowns: A crown, also known as a cap, protects the structure of your tooth by affixing a durable structure (that resembles your natural tooth) to the remaining structure. Placed on teeth that have fillings, which are too large for composite alone, porcelain crowns can last a lifetime if you care for them properly.
- Bridges: After losing or removing a tooth, a bridge replaces the gap left behind by attaching two crowns to either side of the missing tooth with a replacement tooth in the middle. Patients regain their ability to chew and flash a full smile.
Dentistry as a whole has refocused on materials that are both safe and similar to natural teeth, abandoning the mercury-containing dental fillings of the past for safer alternatives that look and feel natural.
What Kind of Qualifications Should My Dentist Have?
All general dentists have obtained training for a range of procedures. While this training is geared towards restoring the appearance of your smile, many dentists forego additional training in cosmetic dentistry. For the best of both worlds, your dentist should be:
- A Member of the Academy of General Dentistry.
- A Member of the American Dental Association and American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Actively engaged in continuing education.
Dr. Skoulas is active in several professional organizations, lectured at the School of Dentistry at the University of California Los Angeles and is a Volunteer Leader for the California Dental Association and San Francisco Dental Society. She constantly evaluates new procedures that can improve your comfort and restore the natural appearance of your teeth.
What Will Happen During My First Appointment?
Before your first appointment, you will receive the necessary paperwork via email and can fill out this basic information to avoid coming into the office early. On the day of your appointment, you should arrive about five minutes before your appointment and bring your insurance information to ensure reimbursement.
San Francisco patients without dental insurance will be provided resources for financing their treatment. Our financing team will help you find the right financing option to get the treatment that you need. If you are considering financing, we encourage you to contact us or apply with CareCredit prior to your procedure. CareCredit offers:
- No-interest financing for up to 60 months.
- Affordable monthly payment options.
- Online application for a fast decision.
CareCredit is applicable for both restorative and cosmetic procedures to help you look and feel the way you want. For more information call our San Francisco office to discuss options with our financing team.
Combined Treatments That Achieve Your Aesthetic Goals
Depending on the type of procedure you need, purely cosmetic or a combination of cosmetic and restorative, Dr. Skoulas will discuss options for treatment. These options may involve:
- Multiple appointments to achieve the results you want.
- Combined treatments to improve the function and appearance of your teeth.
- Different options for your comfort.
Dr. Skoulas is dedicated to finding the best treatment for her patients and may recommend a combination of procedures, depending on what you are looking to accomplish. For example, patients who are choosing between veneers and Invisalign are likely interested in whitening their teeth. If these patients opt for Invisalign, Dr. Skoulas will likely recommend whitening their teeth after the first treatment has accomplished the aesthetic goal.
To schedule your appointment with Dr. Skoulas, contact our San Francisco office at